Friday, July 29, 2016

Just some thoughts #1

I am seated in my house and I am deep in thought. I am very confused with racism. I see it all the time on the internet but I keep asking myself... Is it really racism or is it just hate?

See to me racism is slavery. But I do not see slavery. I see people trying to hurt each other but without anyone gaining anything.

I work in law enforcement. They are supposed to be the most racist of the bunch. But the other day I dragged my dirty, sweaty, and tired butt into a Cinnabon. The clerk took my order but when I went to pull my money out he sternly told me to put it back. He was black. I was wearing a uniform. We didn't destroy a wall of hatred. We merely punched a hole in it. See, it takes one person. One person to start restoring humankind. Because what the one hole in the wall of hatred starts is a flood of kindness.

It started with one Cinnamon roll. Two people from different sides of society looked at each other and there was peace between them.

my thoughts,

PCL

No comments:

Post a Comment